THE FIRST STROKE

The First Stroke? Well, this is my first real attempt at writing anything other than related to academics. And this goes to my best buddies, where I first got a hint that I could do something other than mugging up those school books(I didn't fair bad, though). So here it goes-
                   
                          It's 10th Nov, 2011 and exactly 3:45 pm, well, a few seconds past that. No, wait, it’s not a newspaper report or anything even close. It's something that I wanted to do since long, but somewhere down the line, I was too busy living, dreaming those, err, delicacies of life. My mind never hopped out of that.
                         
                    Now you might think what's so different about a 19yr old typing some bullshit. The difference is that this idea came out of nowhere, drinking my Horlicks, although I always had it in the back of my mind.
       
                 I still vividly remember the day, we three best friends decided we should write some stuff, heavily inspired by all those library books we read back then. We thought that to be cool. It even started out great, with me also deciding on the title, “The Mighty Warriors." I even framed the backdrop of the story-The Black Forest of Germany. But I believe life had something else for us, and we got busy with other tonnage stuff, you know........and we forgot that we had made any such pact between us.

                                       Now it has been more than five years, and we have all drifted our ways. OH wait, did I mention my friends. They were the best buddies one could ever have, Pradipta Sarkar and Satyadeep Borah. Pradipta was a complete geek, books and computers were very much his life, but didn't fare badly in matters of girls either, it was he who introduced us to many nuances of pre-puberty life. Big, round specs over his nose very much resembled Harry Potter, only a few shades darker, and probably more intelligent than Mr. Potter. The only thing he, or should I say we missed were Hermione and Ron. But still, on a scale, you could compare my other best buddy, Satyadeep to Ron. He had the macho man(or macho boy) look and stood quite a few inches over us, well not now as far as I am concerned, because the last I saw Pradipta(in person) was five years back when he left us all and moved to Kolkata.

                                  Now, five years down the line, we still see each other (at least virtually), thanks to Facebook. I always wonder how the world would have managed without Facebook, Orkut, and Twitter, yeah the list goes on.
                                    Both of them are doing pretty good in their life (well that's what they tell me).And did I say, Pradipta hasn't changed a bit, the good-old spectacle still defines him, plus a mustache. Talking of Satya, he has gone through various looks and phases over the years, from the big-muscled hunk to the nerdy geek, he has transformed quite a bit in these years(and don't blame the girls for that).You would be curious, what about me? Well, let’s save that for some time else.

                              Peewee, I wrote this much. I had something else up my sleeve, but I believe three’s a sullen charm, an aura about writing which just takes its own course of path. It churns the deepest of your thoughts, memories into beautiful and intricate writing (at least in this case, by the way, where the hell is MS Word, ah its Google Blog)
                                         I guess that would be for the day (my first day), although an ocean of thoughts are in my mind which beg to be shown the light of the day. But I got to catch some sleep.
                                                      

                                              Knock, knock.
                                                

                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hilarious Adventures of Village Misfits

Memoirs of a Sarcastic Intern

Journey of an Ambivert : Chapter 1